Thursday, May 3, 2012

What is right?

What comes to your mind with that question?  There are so many variables. . . how do you know?

I’ve had some crazy and amazing experiences this past week that have had me in the depths of desperately wanting to know “what is right” for me in this moment of my life.  Have you ever experienced that feeling?

As I’ve become more aware of what is right for me, I’ve seen the gap widen between what has been right and what is right.  But wait a minute, isn't there one standard that we hold ourselves to?  One standard of truth and right?  Can things that are true and right change over the years?

In the past, I was a victim.  Having been a victim of sexual abuse, neglect, and abandonment, there were many stories I clung to in hopes that I would someday receive the love, attention, and security I didn't receive as a child. Those stories created my perception of what was "right" for me, my husband and my children.  Now as I look back on those stories and the perception of what was "right" I realize that I had many false beliefs and untruths that were dictating the "right" way to live.  Wow, those false beliefs really held me in my comfort zone of misery and scarcity.   

There are two big lessons I'm learning and hope they will benefit you as I share:

Lesson #1 God can only help us in the sphere of our own perception.   
As a silly, exaggerated example of this, let's just say that I want one million dollars. I'm a religious person, so I ask God to help me receive or make $1,000,000.  That would be cool.  I could get a nice house for my family, that 12-seater bi-fuel van so we actually all fit in one vehicle and it doesn't cost a fortune for us to get around, I could invest some and pay off debts and be financially free.  Wahooo!!!  That sounds incredible.  BUT let's say I also believe deep down in my heart and subconscious that it's more noble to be poor.  I get more blessings if I don't have money.  Money is evil.  Rich people cheat others.  It's better for me to be poor and suffer because then I'm more loved. If I have money, my mom and dad will be disappointed in me.  I hate dealing with money, because there's never enough.  I can't charge for my services if I'm using a God-given gift and helping people. . . . and the list of money beliefs goes on and on.  Now, really, how can I be open to receiving or creating a million dollars if I have that negative framework around money?  In reality, I don't want a million dollars.  I am not open to receive so God can not give it to me.  Nor would I be able to create that kind of money. 

So, wherever our beliefs are, that is where we are able to create and receive.  When I was in the very big victim energy that was driving all I was doing and experiencing, I had very few friends, no family to support me locally, no neighbors that cared a hoot about me (now I know that wasn't true, but that's only what I was able to see), money always disappeared faster than we could earn it, and I was not happy.  But deep down inside me,  that was my comfort zone. That life was "right" for me. I wanted to be suffering because that was all I was good for.  I would not even allow God to get me out of it until I hit rock bottom and wanted to remove myself from this planet as a mother of 6 with one on the way. Then I was desperate enough to look at my beliefs and get myself out of all that misery so I could receive much bigger blessings.  I began to see what I thought was "right" was all messed up.

Look at where you are and where you want to be.  Are there any deep down reasons why you aren't able to receive and create what you want?  God blesses you within your belief system; are your beliefs "right" for you?  Are you ready to change your beliefs so God can support and carry you into a better place-financially, in your relationships, and with your physical health?  Open yourself to a new paradigm of hope for a better life, and when God sees you changing and moving forward with new understanding of light and truth, miracles will occur, and what you know to be "right" will expand.

Lesson #2 Others, even well-intentioned, may not know what is right for me.
As my perception of what's right has changed and expanded, there are many around me who are still stuck in those old beliefs of misery and scarcity.  As I have encountered more of those kinds of people and beliefs recently, I have questioned my place in life.  I was driving home from a meeting the other evening, and after another encounter with people telling me what should be right for me, I asked God, "what am I supposed to learn from all these people expressing different opinions and giving me advice about what is right - and it directly conflicts with what I know to be right for me?"  The answer came in five simple words, "The security of your position".  Wow.  The more I know to be true for myself and my place in life, the more people will try to get me out of living my truth, and as I listen to their stories, I can see the solid truth and security of where I stand in power and light with the knowledge I have from God of what
He wants me to do.  Don't listen to the nay-sayers when you know within your heart you are doing what's right for you.  Others can not know what's right for you.  They are judging you from their view, not by what God wants for you.  

In conclusion, find out what is right for you through studying your gifts and talents, what do you love to do, to read about, to learn?  Talk to God about what is right for you, what He would have you do, and take the steps to go there.  Allow yourself to let go of your stories that keep you down so you can receive the answers, and don't listen to what other people say is right for you that will end up keeping you stuck.

Remember there is help if you need it.  Healing on a deep emotional & cellular level is key to changing what is right for you and living in that amazing space of loving your life!  Go for it!  Make the changes and feel the difference of what becomes right as you move into more light and knowledge.  Miracles will occur. :)



2 comments:

  1. My favorite sentence in this article is, "God blesses you within your belief system; are your beliefs "right" for you? "
    I honestly believe that the hardest thing to do is forgive your self and believe in your self.
    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Carol! I agree. We are so hard on ourselves, and man, we just have can't be happy if we don't love ourselves first. :)

    ReplyDelete